Sunday, September 2, 2007

Open Letter to John Krasinski:
Please Don't Ruin the Office

License to Wed movie poster image

Image Source: BritFilms.tv

The best thing than can be said about License to Wed is that its brief public lifespan -- from promo campaign through its exit from first release theaters -- didn't overlap with any new episodes of The Office. And by the time the new season starts I will most likely have the rotten stink that was License to Wed out of my mind. I didn't actually see the film, but really, did you need to? Just seeing the promos almost made me want to boycott everything Krasinski does. I simply don't want one of my favorite TV characters associated with another septic Robin Williams anti-comedy.

Honestly, why would you say, 'yeah, I really think Robin is on a roll with RV and Night at the Museum, clearly he has his finger on the pulse of America's taste in humor, let me jump on that comedy bandwagon while there's still time.' Were there no Cuba Gooding Jr. projects to get involved in?

Seriously, John, the golden goose has laid a cool and lucrative egg right in your lap. You get paid well and you're broadly admired. In return, the viewing public is putting their trust in you not to f*ck it up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

See more John Krasinski and other celebs at http://youtube.com/watch?v=1s-mEfhVELM

Art Sindlinger said...

Um, okay, thanks for that spammish link to an unrelated montage about some ass-hat I wish I didn't know existed.