Sunday, September 2, 2007

Appreciation for Capital One's Commercials

I am not certain if both of these are from the same agency. They are both for Capital One, but for different lines of business. I suppose I could investigate, but that's one step further than I am willing to go right now.

Neither of these is the exact execution I recall seeing on air, but they are close enough to get the gist of them.

First one is below -- a timely spot given what is going on in the mortgage market. I saw this the same day I heard about their closing of a wholesale mortgage unit, but apparently the division that was closed wasn't the one advertised in this spot.



I just think the spot does an excellent job of tangibly representing the concerns about and ramifications of financial contracts that can backfire on you. I actually think it's a better conceit than what Capital One has been doing with their credit card commercials, like the tooth fairy, or the visigoths. However, among those, I do have a soft spot for the dragon slayer spot below, if only because the line "...and not just a big lizard" is brilliant.

No comments: